Delivering complex and successful infrastructure procurement projects
Infrastructure projects and capital programs can be challenging and need to balance how to best manage project risk, budget and timeline while achieving long-term economic, social and environmental benefits that may be realised over several decades.
Our experienced team have identified five important practices fundamental in delivering value for money through infrastructure procurement:
- Fitness for Purpose – selecting preferred procurement approach based on project specifics
- Cost Management – selecting and developing preferred commercial structures based on project specifics
- Risk Management – appropriate allocation of risk to maintain value for money
- On-time Delivery – getting the fundamentals of project management, governance, reporting and delivery established and right
- Social and Economic Benefit – proactive approach to social outcomes and community engagement.
Key principles that deliver effective & efficient capital delivery programs:
- Program Strategy and Planning
- Process, Systems and Governance
- People Capability
- Supplier and Market Development
- Performance and Risk Management
- Continuous Improvement
INFRASTRUCTURE PROCUREMENT SERVICES
For each stage of the Asset Lifecycle, ArcBlue offers a range of services:
Dispose Stage – Services
- Asset decommission and disposal procurement support
Maintain Stage – Services
- Minor works program delivery
- Asset Operations Contracting support
- Asset (MRO) Supply Chain Management
- Supplier Relationship Management
Planning Stage – Services
- Grants process management
- Business Case development
- Construction Category planning
- Infrastructure Social & Sustainability strategy
- Bid Advisory services
Construct Stage – Services
- Major project procurement delivery – across the full range of Procurement & Contracting options
- Infrastructure Projects Training
- Infrastructure Procurement Frameworks
- Enabling Technology
- Construction Category Analytics
CAPITAL WORKS PROGRAM
Organisations that are delivering capital works programs face several challenges — whether they are taking on a handful of small and medium-size projects; a portfolio of diverse projects.
The goal of a best-practice capital program procurement should consider the definition and strategy, specifics of the supply market, and the capabilities of the company.
Our Capital Program review and commercial offering is based upon the below process and methodology and includes on-site workshops with procurement staff and internal stakeholders.
WHY ARCBLUE FOR INFRASTRUCTURE PROCUREMENT?
Deep Infrastructure Experience
Our team have real infrastructure projects industry experience, not just consultancy experience.
Expertise Across the Full Spectrum Delivery Models
Deep experience in all Infrastructure delivery models: CO, D&C, DC&M, EPCM, EPC, PPP and ECI.
Solutions Across the Full Asset Lifecycle
We add value across the four phases of an Asset Life-cycle: 1. Planning, 2. Construct, 3. Operate, and 4. Dispose.
Our experience is across both Public and Private sector, this includes State and Local Govt, Water and Power Utility, Transport, Health and Higher Education.
Diverse Project Track Record
We have delivered successful projects across various asset classes including Building, Recreational, Community, Bridges and Operational Assets.
A Focus on Sustainable Solutions
We are passionate about delivering Sustainable Infrastructure solutions.
SPEAK TO OUR SPECIALISTS
Shane Lamont Director, NSW & Infrastructure
Dougall Lodge Senior Consultant
Cindy Garrahy Senior Consultant
John Burn Senior Consultant
Kavita Bains Consultant
Edwin Beh Consultant