Meet the team
Emily is a proven leader, collaborator and specialist in social impact and social innovation. With over 17 years experience working across consulting, government and the for-purpose sector in Australia and the UK, she has held several senior roles in systems change and social policy. Key areas of expertise are social and sustainable procurement, young people, civil justice systems, future workforces and enabling employment. Emily leads ArcBlue’s program of social and sustainable work across the Asia Pacific Region.
Skilled in strategy building and implementation, co-design, stakeholder and community engagement, Emily has a depth of experience across place based, program and policy work.
Recent relevant experience includes:
– Leading the Hume SEED program – a metropolitan place-based social procurement and inclusive employment program
– Developing a sustainable procurement toolkit for local government on behalf of Sustainability Victoria
– Co-leadership of the Social Procurement in the West project
– Evaluating the social procurement components of the Victorian Renewable Energy Targets Auction for DEWLP
– Leading the inclusive employment and social enterprise stream within the GROW Gippsland program, a collaborative program commissioned by the Latrobe Valley Authority that seeks to strengthen regional social and economic outcomes and increase job opportunities through procurement and employment
– Delivering regular training in co-design, community engagement and conflict resolution
– Development of a model for regional place-based enterprise hubs for young people
– Leading a multi-stakeholder project to revise Careers education which underpinned the Foundation for Young Australian’s seminal Future of Work series
– Overseeing the establishment of the National Centre for Indigenous Excellence – a leadership program for Indigenous young people.
Before returning to Australia from the UK, Emily managed the change and legislative processes for all social, health and welfare jurisdictions transferring into the new UK Government Tribunals Service, spearheaded the redesign of the Civil Legal Service in the UK using a place- based approach and provided extensive evaluation of UK employment services. Emily is also a Director on the Board of Good Cycles, a national social enterprise supporting young people into mainstream work and contributing to sustainable cities.
- Melbourne Office