Meet the team
Wayne possesses strong experience and leadership roles in sourcing and product development process for consumer hard goods, gained within overseas buying offices and trading firms.
He has demonstrated success improving sales and inventory performance to ensure turnaround in profitability as well as key customer relationship management. Wayne possesses strong negotiation and complex project management skills.
Client engagements include hands on delivery for a wide range of procurement activities including execution of request for tenders, quotations and proposals; guiding users to take the necessary steps and liaise with them on specifications, requisitions, invitations, recommendations and/or awards whilst ensuring procurement processes are conducted in compliance with client’s quasi government policies and procedures.
A distillation of his procurement experiences are as follows:
Senior Procurement Officer (The Hong Kong Jockey Club)
– Conducted market research and supported business users to review and analyze the business and procurement needs, including defining the scope, specification and maintenance requirements
– Supported cross departmental tenders and procurement operations e.g. RFQ and tenders to ensure all related activities were in compliance with the Club’s policy
– Delivered continuous improvement for the procurement function through analysis, market benchmarking and sharing of best practices
Purchasing & Merchandise Manager (Li & Fung Trading)
– Led the sourcing process including proposal evaluations, commercial and contract negotiations through business award. Subsequently support delivery programs on commercial and contractual items.
– Lead price negotiation with vendors and mills, ensured design requirements are met for both product and margin standpoint
– Review and issue RFQ / Tender documents
– Maintained awareness of market intelligence in terms of product category as well as global supply chain.
Wayne obtained his BA (Hons) in Business Administration and Management from the De Montfort University (via City University of Hong Kong).
Language skills: Fluent in English, Cantonese and Putonghua.
- Hong Kong Office