Procurement Framework Review & Documentation Development case study
Regional Water Utility
Background: This Australian water utility provides water and wastewater to over 120,000 properties in 54 towns and cities.
Service: Advisory & Change – Framework Review & Development
The Australian water utility organisation required a complete review of its existing procurement procedures and policies. The challenges they faced included:
- Inconsistent documentation;
- Unclear procurement framework; and
- Unstructured process.
ArcBlue consultants collaborated with key stakeholders and discussed the best way to reinvent their procedures.
ArcBlue took the approach to simplify and streamline procurement. To do this, we:
- Held meetings with senior managers to determine the organisational direction and how procurement needed to look to support this;
- Conducted workshops with key stakeholders to find what worked and what didn’t;
- Reviewed existing documentation;
- Drafted a new set of documents;
- Drafted process maps;
- Developed training material; and
- Trained the key stakeholder groups.
ArcBlue successfully delivered the program on time and:
- The refined procurement framework was clear, consistent, and understood by all stakeholders in the organisation;
- We received very positive feedback from stakeholder groups; and
- Compliance with the new procurement framework was significant.