- CASE STUDY
Procurement Framework Review & Documentation Development for a Water Utility
This Australian water utility provides water and wastewater to over 120,000 properties in 54 towns and cities.
The Australian water utility organisation required a complete review of its existing procurement procedures and policies. The challenges they faced included:
- Inconsistent documentation;
- Unclear procurement framework; and
- Unstructured process.
ArcBlue consultants collaborated with key stakeholders and discussed the best way to reinvent their procedures.
ArcBlue took the approach to simplify and streamline procurement. To do this, we:
- Held meetings with senior managers to determine the organisational direction and how procurement needed to look to support this;
- Conducted workshops with key stakeholders to find what worked and what didn’t;
- Reviewed existing documentation;
- Drafted a new set of documents;
- Drafted process maps;
- Developed training material; and
- Trained the key stakeholder groups.
ArcBlue successfully delivered the program on time and:
- The refined procurement framework was clear, consistent, and understood by all stakeholders in the organisation;
- We received very positive feedback from stakeholder groups; and
- Compliance with the new procurement framework was significant.
Need help to review your Procurement activities?
ArcBlue has a proven track record in delivering improvements across the end to end procurement and contract management cycle. Our team of experts have specialist expertise in a broad range of sectors & categories. We work alongside our clients to develop the people, processes, and systems necessary to deliver effective change.
Find out how ArcBlue can help you