Procurement Strategy for a Building Construction Project
Background: This Australian university undertook a 4 stage delivery construction project and engaged ArcBlue at stage 2 for the development and delivery of a procurement strategy.
Service: Advisory & Change – Procurement Strategy; Infrastructure Procurement
The development of the university campus provided a full-service, community-focused higher education environment through implementing a staged delivery process:
- Stage 1 – Foundation Building design, development and construction
- Stage 2 – Expansion to accommodate local growth
- Stage 3 – Expansion of the campus to attract research capabilities and international students
- Stage 4 – Achievement of full-service campus environment with a balanced research and teaching portfolio.
This university engaged ArcBlue to lead the Stage 2 facility procurement strategy development and delivery that identified a Design Finalisation & Construct (DF&C) contract. This was their provisionally preferred contracting model before full design finalisation was achieved.
ArcBlue was required to lead and provide the following deliverable:
- Project procurement strategy, delivery plan, and probity plan
- RFP Phase documentation, evaluation and negotiation
- DF&C contract, commercial structures and collaboration model.